Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Odessa, TX: Updated Sat 9:15PM: New Details On The Odessa Shooting 04/02/11

Odessa, Texas- New details about a domestic disturbance leaves one Odessa man dead.

Today, we sat down with the family involved in the shooting to hear their side of yesterday's terrifying confrontation.

The family was still in shock today but they tell me that this was a horrible end to a long period of domestic violence.

"We heard four gun shots and one sounded like it hit our trailer," said Malinda Woody, neighbor.

That's how one neighbor describes last night's gun shots.

"We went outside and there was a body laying on the ground," said another neighbor.

Ector County Sheriff's Deputies tell us the man was 45-year-old Allen Dale Spivey who was found dead after receiving gunshot wounds.

It happened just after 10 pm last night at the Huber Garden Estates mobile home park.

His ex-wife of 14 years who refused to show her face says her grandson shot Spivey in self-defense.

"He's been harassing me for months and threatening to kill me so I guess last night that's exactly what he had in his mind," she said.

She says he approached her home, making threats with his gun, then opened fire on the front door.

"I was scared to death, as soon as shots started coming through my door, I hit the floor, wood from the door was flying everywhere and bullets were hitting things inside," she said.

"My grandson ran and got a gun and he started firing at the door," she said.

The bullets stopped coming into the mobile home, Spivey hit, was lying in the yard. That's when they called 911.

"I feel very sad for his family, my heart goes out to them and I truly wish it hadn't come to this," she said.

An autopsy has been ordered and preliminary results are expected sometime Monday.

The Ector County Sheriff's Office is still investigating into what exactly happened last night.

No comments: